The routers, modems and other wireless devices need to be connected to the computer device before we can proceed to configure them. Configuring the Netgear wireless routers is not that complex as the users would have thought. It is proven by the fact that even the users with less prior experience of the router setup and installation can also configure their router easily.
Netgear R9000 wireless router connection setup
Netgear has developed the web domain www.routerlogin.net only for the convenient configuration of their routers. But before the users can move on to the configuration part, they will need to connect their modems and computer device to the router. Here in this section, let us describe the various methods of getting your router connected to the computer device. Some of the methods are listed below.
- Connection through the Ethernet cable (RJ45)
- Connecting via the Wi-Fi
- Connection through the WPS button (wireless)
Ethernet cable connection (Netgear R9000 quad band)
Let’s start with the Ethernet mode of connection. In this method of connection the user is required to connect the modem to the router’s WLAN port and then the computer needs to be connected to one of the LAN port of the router.
Now, switch on the power supply of the router and wait for few seconds till the lights on the display panel of the router turn solid green and stable.
Important- Note that this is only the connection method and you will need to configure the router for the networking purpose separately and then only the user can enjoy the seamless networking speed.
Connecting through the WPS mode (Wi-Fi)
- The WPS mode is the Wi-Fi protected setup method used to connect the router to the computer system quite easily and within seconds.
- The WPS mode of connection is fastest and secured way of connecting the router to your Wi-Fi enabled computer device.
- The user just needs to turn the Wi-Fi on of their computer device and open the internet and network settings section.
- Then press the WPS button given on the router’s backside and wait for a second or two till the router is automatically connected to the computer.
- The WPS mode only works with the networks that have WPA/WPSK/WPA 2 types of encryption. The WPS method of connection doesn’t work for the networks whose security key has been set as WEP/ WEP 2 etc.
Connection through the Wi-Fi of the devices
Now comes one of the most widely used methods of connecting the router to the computer device.
Follow the step by step guide mentioned below.
- Open the Netgear router from its packaging and assemble all the important components of it like the Ethernet cable (if needed).
- Connect the power supply adapter to the router and switch on the power supply through the wall socket.
- Wait for few seconds till the lights on the indicator panel turn solid green or yellow. You proceed when the lights on the panel get stable.
- Now, open the Wi-Fi section of your PC and see the list of available Wi-Fi networks nearby. Select the SSID or network name that you wish to get connected to.
- As you are using the router for the first time, then it will be open and will not ask for any security key. However, it is recommended that you should set up a new and customized password for your router.
- After you are connected to the Netgear R9000 wireless router, open the latest and updated browser of your PC and enter the web address www.routerlogin.net in the URL bar of the browser.
- Authenticate the login with a username and the password. The default values for the username and the password are “admin” and “password” respectively.
Note- Both these login credentials are case sensitive and the user should be cautious enough while entering the username and password. Also, it is quite important to note that the rest of the configuration needs to be done so as to enjoy the blazing fast speed of the Netgear wireless router.
Why do we need to connect the router to the computer system before configuration?
The connection between the router and the computer device is obviously necessary as without connecting to the router we cannot get into the setup portal of that router. Also, the configuration can also be done only through that method.